[Commotion-dev] Adding babeld and ipv6 support to Commotion

Genevieve Bastien gbastien+mesh at versatic.net
Wed Jan 15 01:59:33 UTC 2014

Hello Commotion Developers,

We have an eye on the Commotion firmware here at Réseau Libre Montreal.
It's still missing a few things before we can adopt it:

* babeld support (and more generally possibility to select routing protocol)
* ipv6 support (ipv6 itself and their configuration by Commotion)

There's a team of 4th year computer engineering students who will do
their final project on this topic. They are cc'ed to this email. The
project started with the broad scope of "Adapting the Commotion firmware
to Réseau Libre's needs and fancies ;-)". For now, those are 2 items we
identified that we'd really like to have to accelerate our adoption. As
the semester advances, some other elements of contribution may pop up.
I'll be supervising them locally but they'll get the most benefit from
interacting with the whole community.

I heard from Grady that babeld and ipv6 support were in your roadmap.
Has any work or thinking been done on it yet? Any tips and advice for
the team?

Thanks,
Geneviève