[Commotion-dev] Commotion Android on Nexus 7?

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Tue Jan 21 01:21:47 UTC 2014

Will Hawkins <hawkinsw at opentechinstitute.org> wrote:
>it with the expectation that this version of the Commotion app will run
>on non-rooted, non-CM devices when AOSP adopts the CM ad-hoc patches,
>etc. So, while currently we are making a distinction where there is no
>difference, we think that in the future we are going to be positioned
>for SUCCESS :-)

I have always felt that the CM support/compatibility for Commotion has been underplayed. With 10M+ devices out there (supposedly), the ability to run on older devices, and the new/easier CM install process, it seems like there is a much greater potential overlap, at least in the next 12 months, with potential Commotion mesh communities.

The AOSP goal is fantastic and it is exciting it is a reality within reach but it will take a while for that to reach the market.

+n