[Commotion-dev] ubiquiti auto-reset

Josh King jking at opentechinstitute.org
Fri Jan 31 18:53:51 UTC 2014

Hi Aaron,

No doubt a different frequency would be good. I think our initial use
case, at least, is a little different from the CONFINE stuff.
Primarily, we'd be looking to automate testing on our internal testbed
as part of our CI process. So we could hook Jenkins up to a script that
would push images out to the supervisor devices as they're built, and
those would reflash the nodes and run tests. The appeal of getting TFTP
mode on the Ubiquiti devices is that we could automate reflashing the
testbed even if a build is bad; we don't have to worry about anything
on the node working correctly.

There are probably other ways to approach this problem as well, though,
such as other hardware that's even easier to reflash at a moment's
notice.

--
Josh King
Lead Technologist