[Commotion-dev] Commotion Client Development

Joshua Besneatte besneatte at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 14:25:35 EDT 2014

Hi Paul,

Thanks. This is exactly the project I was planning on starting myself,
luckily I found you guys and it's already going. The enthusiasm is easy
on my end, glad to see there are many others with my vision.

I got a decent deb build working for Serval Project's serval-dna
incorporating a bunch of the scripts from OTI's serval-dna debian
folder. I can install/uninstall the serval-dna development fork,
including libs/includes/etc,  however, commotiond doesn't want to
compile against this version of serval-dna. Compilation of commotiond
errors out stating that the llseek64 system call is not available. So
far my only guesses are:

1. I am missing a dependency. (manpages-dev is supposed to provide
llseek64 but installing said package did not help)

2. commotiond needs to use OTI's version of serval-dna

3. I need to rebuild SP's serval-dna as package class "single" vs "indep"

If anyone could shed some light on this, that would be great.

If I build and install OTI's serval-dna I am able to compile commotiond
without problem.

As for the commotion-service-manager, does this still require
luci-commotion? Luci-commotion fails to install on requirement for the
deprecated serval-crypto.

I have read most of the development docs and road-maps, but of course I
may have missed something. It seems the goal is to move to using SP's
serval-dna (for full serval compatibility) vs the OTI fork, is this
correct? Is OTI's serval-crypto deprecated because crypto is now handled
by SP's serval-dna?

My nick is shamanon on IRC and I am in the #commotion channel if anyone
wants to strike up a conversation there.

Thanks!