[Commotion-dev] Commotion mentioned in Mashable article @ Hong Kong

Nat Meysenburg nat at opentechinstitute.org
Tue Sep 30 15:16:22 EDT 2014

Dan Staples <danstaples at opentechinstitute.org> writes:
> p.s. for anyone who has access to the website analytics, it would be
> interesting to see if we've gotten any increased traffic lately due to
> all the media attention being paid to mesh in the Honk Kong protests.

As of this writing, no, the traffic is about in line with our daily
averages for a Monday over the last quarter, which is 150±50 unique
visitors. In fact we're down a bit from last week. The last media piece
that seems to have driven a lot of traffic to our site was a post on
Hacker News, that mentioned another post, that mentioned the NYT Red
Hook story in late August. That got us ~130 more visitors than average.

I should also note that our analytics a) respect do not track browser
settings, and b) does not track people who block JavaScript, or have
strict request policy settings, so the data are incomplete, and rightly
so.

Just thought I'd throw that in since it was a question that's out there.

Cheers,
~~nat