[Commotion-dev] [serval-project-dev] Anyone else notice that Bug #82 has just been changed from "closed" back to "new"?

Will Hawkins hawkinsw at opentechinstitute.org
Wed Apr 1 17:24:45 EDT 2015

I took a few minutes to look through the list of tickets and see if
there was any correlative action at the time that ticket was changed
to obsolete. I didn't see anything but I could have easily missed
something. I wonder if there are any other product announcements
they've made that obsolete this feature. I will keep digging.

Will

On 04/01/2015 03:59 PM, Paul Gardner-Stephen wrote:
> Indeed.  This is interesting, as it is possible to argue against it
> being obsolete, since there is no real P2P framework available.  It
> would be a case of creating a new bug with clear justification why
> Wifi Direct does not obsolete bug #82.  Also it could ask why bug
> #82 is marked obsolete without indicating what has obsoleted it.
>
> Paul.
>
> On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 5:18 AM, Ben West <ben at gowasabi.net> wrote:
>
>> Aha!  Looks like the state=new change was temporary.  Now it's
>> state=obsolete.
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 1:46 PM, Ben West <ben at gowasabi.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Any speculation about whether Google might be getting involved
>>> behind the scenes with Veniam?  Seems vaguely inline with
>>> Google's statements about using blimps as aerostats for
>>> airborne broadband.
>>>

>>> http://www.citylab.com/tech/2014/12/the-start-up-that-wants-to-turn-
your-city-into-one-big-wifi-hotspot/383286/

Similar for automotive 802.11 meshing too, I guess.

To post to this group, send email to