[Commotion-dev] Issues with Picostation with both 1.1 and 1.2rc

Adam Longwill adam.longwill at metamesh.org
Mon Apr 13 09:44:53 EDT 2015

Quick question.

I have been battling with a Picostation all weekend to act like how we
configure our Rockets and I am having NO success. I think it's a bug but I
wanted to pick everyone else's mind.

The Rocket's can have a static IP address set on the WAN without a problem,
allowing them to be statically assigned on our office's LAN with a
dependable IP address.

The Pico... by default it has no WAN IP address and it shares 2 IPs on its
LAN interface, the 10. address generated from it's MAC and the 169 address.
Whenever I try to give the WAN a static, it stops responding to all traffic
to it: HTTP, ping, nothing. Although, using TCPdump I can see that it has
indeed taken the new LAN-range IP address.

What in the world is going on with these things? Does anyone else have this
issue?

Are these meant to be used in a different way than Rockets? This issue is
on both 1.1 and 1.2.

Also, it reboots every few minutes.

Thoughts?

Adam L.