[Commotion-dev] TP-Link WDR4300 with more than 12V power supply

Danny Iland dannyiland at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 15:30:04 EDT 2015

Hi Andy,

I have been running a WDR4300 off unregulated 12V battery power for about a
month, with no problems so far.

Two setups that work fine for me:

1. Connect directly to a car cigarette lighter output with one of these
<http://www.amazon.com/Tenq%C2%AE-Baofeng-Bf-uv-5r-12v-Charger/dp/B00DOR7CBG/>
(or
similar with standard 2.1x5.5mm barrel plug). Voltage is around 12v with
engine off, 14v with engine running. I tend to only use it while engine is
running.

2. Connect to the load output of a solar charge controller connected to a
12V battery. To answer Andy's question off-list, It's not connected
directly to the battery, but connected to a bus bar which is connected to
the charge controller which is connected to the battery. Battery voltage
peaks around 13.5V.

Danny

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 11:34 AM, Andy Gunn <andygunn at opentechinstitute.org>