[Commotion-dev] 2-port Ubiquiti NanoStations

Ben West ben at gowasabi.net
Tue Feb 3 00:00:23 EST 2015

My guess is that eth0 and eth1 (at least as they are enumerated on power-up
to OpenWRT on the NSM5 I have) do not both sit on the embedded switch.  The
AR7240 has two ethernet interfaces, with one intended as dedicated WAN
port, and the other (through the built-in switch) with capacity for
multiple LAN ports.  The swconfig output you see for the unused ports may
just indicate that they auto-negotiate to 10Mbit when nothing is populated
there.  Not sure about the connectivity you're nevertheless seeing b/w the
Nano and the Bullet, despite the former having no "eth1" address configured.

Perhaps see what "arp -s" has to say on the Nano?  Maybe eth1 is being
implicitly bridged?

--
Ben West
http://gowasabi.net