[Commotion-dev] 2-port Ubiquiti NanoStations

Joe Ayers joe at ayerscasa.com
Tue Feb 3 17:41:38 EST 2015

Mystery solved.   Here is the cat5 wiring:

POE brick -> cat5 -> NSM{2,5} secondary port
NSM{2,5} primary -> cat5 -> another ubnt node or airCAm

The secondary port is back supplying the primary port with power
(presumably with no power noise filtering and other unintended
consequences?) and the daisy chain device receives power and full network
connectivity on the primary port.    In our case the 2Ghz and 5Ghz mesh
nodes are bridged with one cat5 POE cable.   We'll need to build in eth1 to
our config to better control functionality at some point.

Regards,
Joe AE6XE