[Commotion-discuss] Commotion Wireless Site IA Proposal

Charles N Wyble charles-lists at knownelement.com
Sat Apr 20 01:36:18 UTC 2013

On 04/19/2013 03:08 PM, Georgia Bullen wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We've been discussing a bit about how to re-organize the Commotion
> Wireless site to incorporate some materials we've been working on as
> well as make the site a bit easier to use as a resource for people.
>
> I've posted a suggested Information Architecture on the wiki here:
> https://code.commotionwireless.net/projects/commotion/wiki/CommotionWirelessIAProposal
>
> I'd love some thoughts and feedback on it. Please reply here with
> feedback or add comments on the wiki page!

The Free Network Foundation ( http://www.thefnf.org/) recently went
through a major relaunch of our website. We found that keeping things
"shallow" (no deep/multilevel link trees) helped immensely.
Subscriptions to the mailing list, chili account creation, requests for
information, volunteer offers etc went way up.

Full disclosure: I am the CTO and cofounder of the FNF, and participated
heavily in the redesign/relaunch.

We modeled our site after http://onlab.us/