[Commotion-discuss] Memory Issues and Nightly Builds

Dan Staples danstaples at opentechinstitute.org
Wed Nov 6 14:54:54 UTC 2013

+commotion-dev

If your nodes are crashing w/ 15-20 clients, while both serval and
commotion-splash are disabled, that is very worrisome!

I propose to the Commotion dev team that we urgently need to come up
with a way to simulate network load, so we can identify and fix the
causes of these types of crashes. Does anyone have ideas or experiences
with this? Perhaps we can take the technical discussion over to the
commotion-dev list only.

And just an update for you Dan, earlier this week I found and fixed a
significant memory leak in Serval...not sure how much that will affect
the instability we've seen, but we'll soon know with some testing. The
fix will make its way into the nightly builds probably by the end of the
week.

As long as the rest of your network is DR1 or newer, the nightly builds
should be compatible.

Dan