[Commotion-discuss] concerns about the NYT / mo jo mesh articles

Preston Rhea prestonrhea at opentechinstitute.org
Thu Nov 14 20:14:35 UTC 2013

It's an understandable concern. See this article from last year in
which the CTO of DC has concerns that mesh networking can support the
"terrorist community:"
http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/housingcomplex/2012/01/11/meet-the-new-ish-boss-chief-technology-officer-rob-mancini/

But that's why it is our job to get out in front and tell stories of
how this is beneficial to people and peaceful community - bringing
folks together, supporting communication in times of need, pioneering
innovation platforms outside of the VC pipeline.