[Commotion-discuss] Commotion firmware for ubiquiti picostation2 hp

Ben West ben at gowasabi.net
Fri Sep 6 13:58:25 UTC 2013

If memory serves, and you are not referring to a Picostation 2M, the Pico
2HP is an ath5k-based radio like the FONera.  However, I believe it only
has 4Mbytes of flash and 16Mbytes of RAM.  Commotion-OpenWRT wouldn't be
able to run on this device at all.

I've compiled older versions of Commotion-OpenWRT for atheros platform to
run on Engenius EOC-1650 and Open Mesh OM1P, albeit with several ugly
patches to work-around missing GPIO support (i.e. the status LEDs don't
work).  Although, I do not have any recent images handy.

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 8:41 AM, Dan Staples <
danstaples at opentechinstitute.org> wrote:

> Hi Frank. Can't say I've ever built Commotion for the 2hp. Can you give
> some details about the corruption message you saw?
>
> On Fri 06 Sep 2013 09:33:22 AM EDT, Frank Baker wrote:
> > Hello Everyone,
> > I am very intrigued by Commotion and am very anxious to try and learn
> > about it as well as maybe help where I can once I learn more about
> > Commotion itself.  I have four ubiquiti picostation2hp's and would
> > love to use them as a test before purchasing the newer models.  I
> > tried compiling the firmware myself and it stated it compiled but the
> > picostation reports a corrupt firmware and won't load it.  Does anyone
> > have a compiled version of commotion that will work the
> > picostation2hp's?  I truly appreciate your help in advance.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Frank

> --
> Dan Staples
>
> Open Technology Institute
> https://commotionwireless.net
> OpenPGP key: http://disman.tl/pgp.asc
> Fingerprint: 2480 095D 4B16 436F 35AB 7305 F670 74ED BD86 43A9

Ben West
http://gowasabi.net
ben at gowasabi.net
314-246-9434