[Commotion-discuss] Commotion firmware for ubiquiti picostation2 hp

Griffin Boyce griffinboyce at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 14:15:45 UTC 2013

On 09/06/2013 09:58 AM, Ben West wrote:
> If memory serves, and you are not referring to a Picostation 2M, the
> Pico 2HP is an ath5k-based radio like the FONera.  However, I believe
> it only has 4Mbytes of flash and 16Mbytes of RAM.  Commotion-OpenWRT
> wouldn't be able to run on this device at all.
>
> I've compiled older versions of Commotion-OpenWRT for atheros platform
> to run on Engenius EOC-1650 and Open Mesh OM1P, albeit with several
> ugly patches to work-around missing GPIO support (i.e. the status LEDs
> don't work).  Although, I do not have any recent images handy.

The 2HP has 32mb of RAM and 8mb flash size with some kind of Atheros
chipset, so hopefully it will able to run Commotion.[1]

~Griffin
[1] http://dl.ubnt.com/pico2hp_ds.pdf

--
"Cypherpunks write code not flame wars." --Jurre van Bergen
#Foucault / PGP: 0xAE792C97 / OTR: saint at jabber.ccc.de

My posts, while frequently amusing, are not representative of the thoughts of my employer.