[Commotion-discuss] HTC desire Android 2.3.3 rooted and setting in ad-hoc mode(no internet connection)

LuigiScop luigi.scopelliti at fastwebnet.it
Sun Sep 15 15:15:02 UTC 2013

Purpose of this test was to verify internet connection of my android
phone in mesh mode through the internet gateway of my network.
*Setup:* 2  Picostations flashed with default Commotion, 1android (HTC
Desire) ,1 Linux DeskTop.
N01 Picostation as  internet gateway via ethernet cable on LAN port.

Setting.
-Android :rooted ,ad-hoc mode active,no-encryption,IP static 5.x.x.x.
-Picostations :Both with no-encryption.
-Linuk Desktop:no-encryption,commotion mesh applet used to set wifi card.

No problems with LinuxDesktop.I can connect to internet and the
applet(mesh status view ,debug log) works well.

Android.
The mesh tether looks like described somewhere in the commotion web site.
I can visualize the link window with  three neighbors,LQ status,NLQ
status and the gateway icon.
The info window reports the same wifi setting as in the active profile.
Ping works with all the nodes an I can connect the phone to the
administration page of both Picostation.

BUT.
I couldn't connect Android phone  to Internet in mesh mode.
Absolutely no way.
(in infrastructure mode I can connect and I see the commotion splash
screen).

Where I was wrong?

Thanks.

Luigi