[Commotion-discuss] Commotion Splash Screen

Joshua Breitbart breitbart at opentechinstitute.org
Thu Sep 12 14:38:19 UTC 2013

On 9/12/13 10:11 AM, Ryan Gerety wrote:
> For now, we just need a way to let people know there is a
> splash/community/apps page right?
>
> Perhaps access points should be named "go to x" so that people would
> have some idea of where to go?

But that instruction would only make sense if the Internet was down and
the splash page wasn't working, right? So it's another node-by-node
adjustment you would have to make after an outage.

If I understand it correctly, you would still be able to get to a
locally-hosted page or service by entering in the IP address, so we'd
have to socialize an emergency IP address for people to enter in advance
of an Internet outage, the way people in the US know to dial 911 in case
of emergency. Or is that not how it would work?