[Commotion-discuss] Picostation 2 HP firmware

Mikael Nordfeldth mmn at hethane.se
Wed Sep 18 16:31:08 UTC 2013

2013-09-18 18:20, Frank W Baker II skrev:
> Mikael,
>
> Do you already have a bin compiled for the picostation 2hp?
>
> If so, would you mind sharing?

TL;DR? http://a.ludw.se/~mmn/commotion/pico-old/ -> .bin file, OpenPGP
signature by the same key as this mail.

Otherwise here's what I wrote in the last mail, that's stuck in
mod-queue, slightly modified regarding attachments:

2013-08-27 22:32, Frank W Baker II skrev:
> Does anyone have a picostation 2 HP firmware?
> I tried compiling one myself but the picostation won't accept it.

Pardon my last mail, I thought the "HP" model was the "M" model.
Nevertheless, I _have_ managed to compile a somewhat working image for
the older, 180MHz, Picostation 2.4Ghz models. I have experienced
problems with it (such as I can't route to 192.168.1.20 when connected
to it, it may not be as stable in the long run, it's of course slower
etc... but it does do the mesh dance!)

The most important part for building for that platform is making a
proper .config, which is attached and also mentioned further down in
this mail.

The OpenPGP-signed binary openwrt-atheros-ubnt2-pico2-squashfs.bin
couldn't be attached to the mailing list without moderation queue, but
it can be downloaded from: http://a.ludw.se/~mmn/commotion/pico-old/

The md5sum of the .bin should be d312ae227697d2956fa82e3389acce67 and
the signature by my key-id F15FF9EE (which is the same as for this mail).

I can't really remember exactly what changes I had to make in the build
config, so I'm attaching what I remember to be from my latest successful
build (at 8th of July).

Last commit in git for the commotion directory was
111c8cc5b1f2d0af5ab8ba9c23388a2dc71ee427 which seems to reference, in
openwrt/feeds.conf:
src-svn packages svn://svn.openwrt.org/openwrt/branches/packages_12.09@36405

If you're trying to build yourself, try the latest versions of
everything and simply replace the 'config' (which gets copied to
openwrt/.config) with my attached pico2_.config

As mentioned, this was compiled at the 8th of July 2013. Maybe
referenced repository trees have been updated since then and fail to
build. Let me know if there are any such problems :)

--
Mikael Nordfeldth
http://blog.mmn-o.se/
Xmpp/mail: mmn at hethane.se