[Commotion-discuss] Use of 4G kill switch at a US protest site

Ryan Gerety gerety at opentechinstitute.org
Thu Aug 21 12:17:00 EDT 2014

I noticed in Ferguson that Anon had tweeted for people to open up
their routers -- which is a great and easy strategy. This is one
reason EFF launched the open wireless initiative that is just in the
early stages.

I'm not sure in Ferguson, but often its just a matter of density and
congestion that disables the 4g networks (or wireless generally).