[Commotion-discuss] Flashing Commotion v1 wired....Funny

Grady Johnson grady at opentechinstitute.org
Tue Jan 14 22:12:01 UTC 2014

Thanks Anderson for pointing this out.

Yes, in earlier versions you could log back onto a node using the
static IP 192.168.1.20, but that was back when we were still using the
192.168.x.x address range.

Now the process is:
Flash the node using the static ip 192.168.1.20
Reset your ethernet port to use DHCP
Wait for a lease from the router (you should get an ip address in the
10.x.x.x range)
Once you're connected with a lease, type "thisnode" (no quotation
marks) into the browser.

There were a lot of substantive changes between DR2 and Version 1, and
our documentation is still being updated to match.

By all means, please share any similar issues in the software or the
documentation that you find.

Thanks again!

Grady