[Commotion-discuss] Local applications for your networks?

Anthony S tony at rhicenter.org
Thu Jul 24 15:30:10 EDT 2014

our "local" applications are actually web applications. Collecting Stop and
Frisk incident info, and a Bus Time app.
I would very, very much like to hear about local application options.

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 10:25 AM, Andy Gunn <andygunn at opentechinstitute.org>
wrote:

> Hi network builders - I have a question for you all. We are planning on
> putting together a listing of applications that would or could work well
> as locally hosted services for community networks - i.e. chat servers,
> file servers, blog platforms, etc.
>
> What local applications are you using on your networks now? If you
> aren't using any, are there applications you have looked into and / or
> are interesting? Do you know if these can be hosted locally?
>
> For instance:
> * MediaGrid [1] - chat and file sharing
> * Kiwix [2] - offline or locally hosted Wikipedia
>
> Just compiling a list for now, thanks for all your help and input!
> -Andy
>

> [1] https://github.com/dismantl/MediaGrid
> [2] http://www.kiwix.org/wiki/Wikipedia
>
> --
> Andy Gunn, Field Engineer
> Open Technology Institute, New America Foundation
> andygunn at opentechinstitute.org | 202-596-3484

*Anthony SchlossDirector of Community Initiatives*
www.rhicenter.org