[Commotion-discuss] Can't get past luci admin page

Andrew Jawitz ajawitz at codeforamerica.org
Fri Jun 13 12:00:18 EDT 2014

Hello All,
   I have a really important meeting today where I was hoping to Demo some
of the Ubiquiti routers I have running Commotion.  I have a Bullet, Pico
and Nano of which all were flashed with Commotion Developer Release 2 dr2.
 I wanted to upgrade today before the demo, however I'm having the same
problem on all devices where I can't get past a certain point on the
configuration page.
  I'm able to pull up the landing page easily by looking up the DHCP ip
address on my home router (which is running Advanced Tomato).  Typing the
ip address in the URL brings me to the Luci admin screen from which the
only link that seems to work is "Local Applications".  I managed to get
into the Admin sign-in by inputing the ------/cgi-bin/luci/admin address
manually and eliminating the last backslash.  From here I'm able to login
using my password and it brings me to the Configuration dialog.  I can save
and apply using the dialog but anything else just seems to time out.  Even
when I try the manual URL method as before.  Any idea whats going wrong?
 As I mentioned before, I have them connected to my router which is running
Advanced Tomato and may have some custom settings tripping it up somewhere.
 Still its strange that it lets me get this far but no further...  On the
other hand, if anyone is familiar with Tomato, its possible I may be able
to tweak something on the router end if that turns out to be the issue.
   Otherwise, can anybody point me to the most recent instructions for
resetting via TFTP?