[Commotion-discuss] Can't get past luci admin page

Georgia Bullen georgia at opentechinstitute.org
Fri Jun 13 12:11:54 EDT 2014

Hi Andrew!

I think the most up to date instructions are here:
https://commotionwireless.net/docs/cck/installing-configuring/install-and-recover-tftp/

You might also try following the Commotion 1.1 Upgrade guide that's here on
the wiki:
https://wiki.commotionwireless.net/doku.php/general_resources/documentation/router/upgrading_from_previous_versions

Let us know if that helps!

-Georgia

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 12:00 PM, Andrew Jawitz <ajawitz at codeforamerica.org>
wrote:

> Hello All,
>    I have a really important meeting today where I was hoping to Demo some
> of the Ubiquiti routers I have running Commotion.  I have a Bullet, Pico
> and Nano of which all were flashed with Commotion Developer Release 2 dr2.
>  I wanted to upgrade today before the demo, however I'm having the same
> problem on all devices where I can't get past a certain point on the
> configuration page.
>   I'm able to pull up the landing page easily by looking up the DHCP ip
> address on my home router (which is running Advanced Tomato).  Typing the
> ip address in the URL brings me to the Luci admin screen from which the
> only link that seems to work is "Local Applications".  I managed to get
> into the Admin sign-in by inputing the ------/cgi-bin/luci/admin address
> manually and eliminating the last backslash.  From here I'm able to login
> using my password and it brings me to the Configuration dialog.  I can save
> and apply using the dialog but anything else just seems to time out.  Even
> when I try the manual URL method as before.  Any idea whats going wrong?
>  As I mentioned before, I have them connected to my router which is running
> Advanced Tomato and may have some custom settings tripping it up somewhere.
>  Still its strange that it lets me get this far but no further...  On the
> other hand, if anyone is familiar with Tomato, its possible I may be able
> to tweak something on the router end if that turns out to be the issue.
>    Otherwise, can anybody point me to the most recent instructions for
> resetting via TFTP?

Georgia Bullen
Field Operations Technologist
Open Technology Institute <http://oti.newamerica.org/> @ New America