[Commotion-discuss] Remote site, solar-battery data logger.

Ben West ben at gowasabi.net
Tue May 20 16:59:37 EDT 2014

Sorry for responding after only skimming the links you provided.  I was
initially thinking you were looking at an inexpensive 'dumb' charge
controller that did not have its own monitoring output ports.  With such a
charge controller, the battery voltage could be wired to A/D terminals on
some sort of inexpensive GPIO breakout peripheral connected to a USB host.
(I.e. an rPi, the USB port on a Rocket).

Besides having (somewhat crude) battery voltage monitoring via an
inexpensive A/D, what modes of active control would be needed for the
charge controller itself?  I do read about desire to power cycle or reboot
equipment connected to the load, which could be done with an rPi and relays.

http://gowasabi.net
ben at gowasabi.net
314-246-9434