[Commotion-discuss] Setting up nodes for dual purpose

Alex Meyer acmeyer9 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 21:13:12 EST 2015

Hey all, I am in the process of planning out a new network using commotion
and was wondering if it was possible to set up selected nodes in the
network to serve a dual purpose. The first would be to act as a standard
node in the mesh network, but the second would be to also act as a base
node for a private network.

Essentially, I am looking to set up the network so that particular nodes
can be both secure and open if that makes sense. It would allow users to
both connect to anyone on the mesh network (as well as repeat the signal)
but also be able to set a secure network at home that only someone with a
password can access (just like a standard home secure network).

Is this possible? If so, how'd you do it? And has anyone here had success
doing it?

Thanks for any help