[Commotion-discuss] Olsrd setup guide?

Adam Longwill adam.longwill at metamesh.org
Tue Jun 23 17:21:01 EDT 2015

Does anyone have a guide or even just want to explain to setting up olsrd
in openwrt?

I'm trying to improve my personal understanding of the basic configuration
required to build an olsr mesh with OpenWRT so I can better understand
Commotion but I am finding it difficult to learn from videos in other
languages or high level descriptions of olsr.

I am simply trying to make two routers talk to each other- one is connected
to the Internet and the other is sitting across the room. They are on the
same meshing wireless network but I cannot find a straight forward basic
setup tutorial anywhere.

I'm sure we could all benefit from this discussion. So how about it? How
does one set up a basic olsr mesh network to access the Internet between
two routers on OpenWRT?

I'll be happy to share my configs and describe what I've done.

Adam Longwill