[Commotion-discuss] pptp package

Josh King jking at chambana.net
Thu Aug 25 20:04:00 UTC 2016

Hey Aidan,

The reason that pptp isn't installed is that there was an overall push with Commotion to try and
make the images as small as possible, so anything that wasn't essential to our core use cases was
stripped out. The idea was to try and get the images to fit on devices with only 4MB of flash
storage. Ultimately, even OpenWRT has largely abandoned devices with that little storage, so while
we'll still try and keep images small in the future we won't be quite so aggressive with stripping
things out.

You should be able to install the default OpenWRT package by changing the Commotion repository URL
in /etc/opkg.conf from the Commotion repo to https://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_adjustment/12.09
/ar71xx/generic/packages/. Then you can install it with 'opkg install' or through the GUI.