[Commotion-discuss] Accessing resources across the network

Dan Staples dan at disman.tl
Mon Feb 15 21:22:49 EST 2016

Hi John,

If your PC is connected to the mesh network, you can find the IP address
it is automatically assigned from the Commotion router and use that to
connect to anywhere else on the network. There's also a guide on the
Commotion website detailing how to set up services on your network using
the Commotion application portal:
https://commotionwireless.net/docs/guides-howtos/local-applications/.

Dan

On 02/15/2016 05:38 PM, john whelan wrote:
> At the moment I have a test network of two TP-Link WDR4300 devices.  The
> installation went very smoothly.*
> *
>
> If I think in LAN terms then I can acceess anything on the segment, ie
> any win box can access files on another windows device that is connected
> to the same AP.
>
> I can type in the IP address on a router in the mesh and I can connect
> to it.
>
> How do I connect to a PC on the other side of the mesh?  I assume some
> sort of fixed ip address is required.
>
> Also can I use the usb port on the TP-Link WDR4300 devices to store and
> share files?
>
> Thanks John

https://disman.tl
OpenPGP key: http://disman.tl/pgp.asc
Fingerprint: 2480 095D 4B16 436F 35AB 7305 F670 74ED BD86 43A9