[CMI-CM] Bikes and campus transp. mtg

William Saylor wsaylor at prairienet.org
Mon Nov 27 23:24:58 CST 2000

Comments follow, read on...

> Campus Area Transportation Study, Phase II
> Public Meeting Notice
>
> Wednesday, November 29, 2000
>
> Temple Hoyne Buell Hall
> Plym Auditorium (near NW entrance)
> 611 Laredo Taft Drive
> Champaign, IL 61820
>
> Project Presentations:
> 5:30 & 7:00 pm
> (both presentations will be the same)
>
> I assume there are bike racks somewhere, but they were not listed...

> This is the useful public forum to get biking
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> issues on the agenda early, often & prominently. Come one, come all.

There is a long row of bike loops at this building, BETWEEN the entrance
and the parking lot.  It's true!

Where this building is: at the south end of the south quad, "behind" the
College of Education building and also past DKH & the Architecture
Building and behind the Mumford House.  The auditorium is immediately
inside the west entrance where you will walk in from the bike rack.
Beware there is a UIUC card reader to get in after a certain time, I hope
they remember to leave it open for the entire public meeting time.

Your attendance and your comments are very valuable at this meeting. There
are major changes proposed to campus streets in the plan.  Phase II as I
understand it is intended to iron out design details that will in fact be
BUILT or CODIFIED for future design in greater Campustown.  This is not a
drill.