[CMI-CM] Critical Mass on 9/29/2000

Zachary Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Wed Sep 27 05:33:47 CDT 2000

Laura (and others), here is a release about critical mass that I was
hoping you might be able to forward to your list.

---

The Biking Community of C-U Unite in 'CRITICAL MASS'

Critical Mass
Friday, September 29, 5pm
at the Alma Mater, Green and Wright
bring your bike, signs and banners, and a helmet

Attention bicycle commuters, students, families, and both serious and
casual cyclists of C-U! Come on out to the first Critical Mass of the
Fall Season.

Critical Mass aims to promote cycling and demonstrate there is a healthy
alternative to contemporary society's dependence on cars, fossil fuels and
more roads. Participants in the Critical Mass support fewer cars, more
public transportation and less pollution.

We've been riding on the last Friday of the month at 5pm since
May. We've had between 17 and 40 participants at every ride. As the
word spreads we can only grow larger. Lets make this the biggest
Critical Mass ever and show the community just how many bicyclists
there are around here!

We will leave from the Alma Mater at 5pm on Friday, September 29. The
route, which will take us through campus and downtown areas, will be
announced at the ride. We will travel as a single vehicle through the
streets of Champaign and Urbana creating a safe biking environment in
which to enjoy ourselves in a celebration of biking and all it has to
offer. We will show pedstrians, drivers, and other bikers that bikes
are a fun, healthy, environmentally sound, and cheap alternative to
our car based culture. We will show the community that bikes have a
right to the road.

Critical Mass is the minimum amount needed to create change. Lets make
some change.

--
Zachary C. Miller - Go We Go - http://wolfgang.groogroo.com/ - @=
IMSA 1995 - UIUC 2000 - Just Another Leftist Muppet