[CMI-CM] Earth Day ride?

Arun Bhalla bhalla at uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 5 15:29:01 CDT 2001

Making up for last month where my publicity efforts were pretty week,
partly (but only partly) due to being sick the week before the ride,
I'm trying to go all out this month... it's the last big push
before the summer.  I'll be flyering tonight on campus, weather
permitting, and touching up on non-campus areas as I get to them.
If we flyer every week or so, we can have a steady presence of posters.

Stickers are cool, I need to get some sticker paper.  I also like the idea
of wrapping notes around bike seats, much like campus ticketers do with
bikes....

Arun

Paul Riismandel writes:
> I guess I'm up for it. The car-free day ride last year went well, I thought.
>
> My only caveat is that there be some promotion!  If we decide soon enough
> maybe we can get the CM ride added to other Earth Day publicity & events
> and get other folks involved?
>
> I like Jason's idea of having a publicity party.  Last time around I put
> invitations on bikes the day before the ride, even though I missed the ride
> as a result of being sick.  (did anyone get one?)  We can do this and
> poster and sticker, etc.  But we should pick a date and time.
>
> Let me throw out a suggestion:  let's do a publicity run on either Friday
> April 13, meeting at the alma mater 'round 5:30, or maybe on Mon the 16th
> at the same time and place.
>
> Friday is nice b/c a  lot of people have time then, but Monday might be
> better for visibility.  I'm agnostic so suggestions/votes are welcome!
>
> --Paul
>

> At 12:59 PM 4/5/01 -0500, Arun Bhalla wrote:
>
> >What do folks think about an Earth Day ride on Friday, April 20?  It could
> >help build for a larger ride the following Friday...
> >
> >Arun

Arun Bhalla