[CMI-CM] (no subject)

julia christina magrethe delcomyn jdelcomy at students.uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 26 17:05:01 CDT 2001

I've never heard of this organization before, but I'm glad I did.  As I
was riding my bike to campus from Urbana I was wondering why there are
only bike paths on (some of) campus?  I find myself so tense after dodging
traffic on Springfield Ave., and don't even get me started on Green St.

It seems to me that effort would be better spent trying to raise
awareness, and maybe even money, for a bike path on major streets.  A good
example of this can be found in Madison WI.  Almost every street has a
bike path on the side and they even have a wonderful paved path that runs
diagnol through town, for such activities as biking, running, walking and
rollerblading.

Is there anything like this in the works for Urbana-Champaign?

thank you,
julia delcomyn