[CMI-CM] CATS II Champaign campus transp planning

William Saylor wsaylor at prairienet.org
Fri Feb 16 19:29:01 CST 2001

Here is the invitation with its deformatted attachment. The meeting is at
the new train station, top floor.

NOTE: RSVP IS REQUIRED BY WED. FEB. 21

-Bill

Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 15:23:45 -0600
From: "Rita Black" <rblack at ccrpc.org>
To: wsaylor at sws.uiuc.edu
Subject: CATS II Workshop Invitation

To: Campus Area Transportation Study - Phase II (CATS Phase II)
Participant Invitees
From: Rita Black, CATS II Manager CUUATS Transportation Engineering
Coordinator

Re: Campus Area Transportation Study CATS II 02/28/01 Public Workshop

Attached please find an invitation for the CATS II upcoming subject
workshop. This workshop is being hosted to obtain input and comments
regarding the conceptual design of transportation improvements in the
campustown area. The main topic fordiscussions will primarily focus on
circulation analyses west of Wright Street.

We are requesting your involvement to identify transportation management
concerns, and discuss possible strategies focusing on unresolved design
issues from the CATS I Final Report. For a copy of this report, please
visit our website at www.uiuccats.org. Input and participation is greatly
appreciated concerning various aspects of CATS Phase II design issues.
Your presence is requested for the entirety of the workshop.Please RSVP by
via e-mail or phone no later than Wednesday, February 21st. Thank you for
your time and interest!

Sincerely,
Rita Morocoima-Black
CUUATS Transportation Engineering Coordinator

Champaign County Regional Planning Commission
1776 E. Washington St. P.O. Box 17760
Urbana, IL 61803-7760

Phone: (217) 328-3313
Fax: (217) 328-2426
E-Mail: rblack at ccrpc.org

--SPECIAL INVITATION--
CAMPUS AREA TRANSPORTATION STUDY  PHASE II
PUBLIC WORKSHOP
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2001

C-U MTD ILLINOIS TERMINAL BUILDING
4TH FLOOR CONFERENCE ROOM #403
45 EAST UNIVERSITY AVENUE
CHAMPAIGN, IL 61820
5:00 p.m.  9:00 p.m.

The Campus Area Transportation Study Phase II (CATS II) design engineers,
Clark Dietz, Inc.; the City of Champaign & Urbana Engineering & Planning
staff; CUUATS; U of I; C-U MTD; and Campustown 2000 is hosting a workshop
to obtain public input and comments regarding the conceptual design of
proposed transportation improvements in the campustown area.  We are
requesting the publics involvement to identify transportation management
concerns, and discuss possible strategies focusing on unresolved design
issues from the Campus Area Transportation Study Phase I (CATS I) Final
Report.  A copy of this report is available on the Internet at [Error!
Bookmark not defined.].  Primary emphasis will be on circulation analyses
west of Wright Street.  Food and beverages will be provided.  If you have
special dietary needs, please let us know.  Please call 328-3313 to make a
reservation, so that we can estimate the necessary amount of food and
beverages to be served.

For more information contact:

CUUATS
Rita Black