[CMI-CM] Ride this coming Friday!

crouching Jason, hidden Kwiatkowski lessthanjason at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 21 14:11:35 CST 2001

Hey, I was speaking to Bill Saylor at the open house as well about the
critical mass ride this Friday (Gosh, he's popular..and so suave).  Anyway,
I expressed how we should try to do something to spice up the rides a bit
and make them more fun.  Thus was born, The Theme.

In honor of the fact that some people just don't want to recognize global
warming and think that hundreds of esteemed scientists CAN be wrong, I'm
wearing my summer's best to the ride.  I'm talking sunglasses, hawaiian
shirt, shorts, sombrero, and that blue sunblock that goes on your nose if I
can find any.  I encourage all of you join me in this act of meteorological
defiance.  Of course, you should probably wear these things over the top of
actual warm clothes (dress in layers!), but you get the idea.  Loud colors
will also help so that drivers see you, since the sunset is right around
5:00pm these days.  So, that's it, The Global Warming Ride.  Be there with
bermuda shorts on...

jason k

p.s.  I don't know about a route, but riding past Illinois Power might be
good idea...