[CMI-CM] UIUC Bicycle Auction this Sat. 8/28

William Saylor wsaylor at prairienet.org
Thu Aug 26 14:01:54 CDT 2004

Per an ad in the Daily Illini today,

UIUC Parking Division will have its annual bicycle auction
this Saturday morning August 28, 2004,
viewing at 8:00 am, bidding starts at 9:00 am
at the "Bicycle warehouse"
which is a storage garage at Hazelwood Drive and "Wright St. extended"
on South Farms behind the Vet Med complex.

(I recommended going down St. Mary's Road or Hazelwood Drive to find
it.)

An awful lot of these bikes were abandoned over summer around campus.
Some may surprise you, some won't.

Cash only. As-is.  Info at 333-3530.  It says.

FYI, it may be held outside.

Also, the City of Champaign (sometimes with the Park District) often has a
fall auction as well.  I was unable to find any announcement at this time
about it, however.

-ws