[CMI-CM] Saturday = ride in the PARADE OF LIGHTS!

Rick Langlois ricklanglois at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 07:08:13 CST 2008

Dear Bicycle Riders:
I saw RED/GREEN, battery powered LED holiday lights at Walgreen's for $3.99.
They use two AA batteries to power (I believe) 15 lights.
There are others around in the holiday decoration isles of department
stores.
These make easy to use bike decorations for the parade of lights that some
people have just left on their bikes for the winter's night riding.
I hope we have a GREAT turnout of riders. See you there.
Rick

   WHAT: PARADE OF LIGHTS!
Get your lights together and charge up your batteries to light the night at
the 8th Champaign PARADE OF LIGHTS!
   DATE: December 6
   TIME: 5:30 pm
   PLACE: Parking lot behind The News-Gazette (see attached map)

*JOIN THE RIDE!*
Dear Parade Participant,

Thank you for being a part of the 8th Annual Parade of Lights! This email is
to confirm your participation.

This year's parade "Another Miracle on Main Street" promises once again to
be a glittering, fun-filled family event with holiday movies at the Virginia
Theatre prior to the parade, live holiday entertainment on our stages, and
the culmination of the evening – the tree lighting ceremony at One Main
Plaza. Our goal is to make downtown Champaign sparkle and that begins with
you!

The Parade of Lights is Saturday, December 6 starting at 5:30 p.m. with an
ice date of December 7. Parade staging is in the parking lot behind The
News-Gazette (see attached map).

*You are Parade Entry #25. *Please review the attached *Check-In
Procedures*to find your designated arrival time and important staging
instructions.

Also, please note that this year we have added two planned short stops
during the parade to allow three marching bands to perform in front of a
designated performance area. These performances should last no more than 3
minutes. It is important that when you see the entry in front of you stop at
ANY time during the parade, you stop right away as well, leaving space
between the two entries. Once the entry in front of you begins moving, then
your group can begin proceeding as well. Please be patient during these
stops and have fun interacting with the crowd.

In the event that bad weather occurs which makes conditions too unsafe for
participants and spectators, City and Park District officials will make a
decision as soon as they are able as to whether the event should be
postponed to the following day. Parade entries will be phoned as soon as
possible to inform them if the event is postponed to December 7. *Please
make sure your Parade participants keep this ice date open just in case we
have to utilize it*. We will make every effort to ensure the Parade goes
forward as planned but please understand that sometimes Mother Nature has
other intentions and our first priority is always the safety of our
community members!

Please review the attached map, schedule, rules, and other information which
should answer most questions. If you have problems opening these, please let
me know right away so I can get this important information to you. However,
if you still have any questions regarding staging, rules, or anything else
about the parade, call me at 217.398.2550. The day of the parade I can be
reached on my cell phone at 217.714.6568.

We look forward to seeing you at the parade. Enjoy the event!

Kindest Regards,

Katie Flint
Special Events Manager
Champaign Park District
706 Kenwood Road
Champaign, IL 61821
217.398.2550
katie.flint at cparkdistrict.com

*P** **Please consider the environment before printing this email.*