[CMI-CM] Re: [Bikecoop] Mustache Ride!

Susan Jones siouxgeonz at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 08:38:59 CDT 2009

And to get ready for that ride, Prairie Cycle Club is having its
upgraded "C-U Across the Prairie" ride August 15 out at Lake of the
Woods.  15, 35 or 63 miles (tho' those are estimates 'til I get out &
ride 'em :) )  on scenic roads (not exactly alley cat but you'll see
some cats and hawks and deer and foxes) ... we're bringing in lunch
from Minneci's  and bagels from Howbowda Bagel and I'll do my best to
bring in good weather and my bike-powered blender.

... we could also use a few helping hands if you'd like to hang out at
a rest stop or help with registration or driving the Subaru's that
WOrden-Martin is providing us...  and we'll be having a pre-ride
volunteer party at Jupiter's so there's free food involves :)

(Hmmm...I better mention Prudential and Champaign Cycle and Durst
Cycle & Fitness and Bikeworks and Strawberry Fields who have also
helped out)

http://www.prairiecycleclub.org -- or
https://www.signmeup.com/site/reg/register.aspx?fid=P72V4K7 to go
straight to teh signup ... or if you want to join PCC,
https://www.signmeup.com/site/reg/register.aspx?fid=VW2V4K7 will get
you directly there.

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 9:22 PM, Joel Gillespie<joelgillian at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> In case you haven't heard, we're having an alleycat on Saturday, August 22.
> We've decided to call it The Mustache Ride. It should be a good time, with a
> mustache contest (with divisions for real and fake), alleycat, and
> afterparty featuring some great live music. The event starts and ends at the
> Bike Project, and the afterparty will be there, too. Registration is $10 if
> you sign up before August 15, and it includes a great t-shirt, entry in the
> alleycat, mustache contest, and messenger games, and admission to the
> afterparty. You can still register after August 15 up to the day of the
> event, but it'll cost you $15 and there will be no guarantee of a shirt, so
> sign up early if you can.
>
> You can register for the event -- or sign up to volunteer -- on our website
> (thanks to Phil Graff and Todd Spinner for setting it up):
>
> http://mustacheride.org/
>
> Check out the Facebook invite, and please pass the invite on to your
> friends:
>
> http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=114453676791&ref=ts
>
> If you have any questions, feel free to write them on the event's wall or
> shoot me an email. Thanks, and have a good one.
>
> Joel

Sue J, webmastress
http://www.resourceroom.net
http://bicycleuc.wordpress.com