[CMI-CM] Re: [Steering] [CCB] NOTE, IMPORTANT ITEM ! (Fwd: Join the National Bike Count!)

Susan Jones siouxgeonz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 11:44:43 CDT 2009

http://blog.oregonlive.com/commuting/2009/08/commuting_conspiracy_theory_of.html
-- there are already people who think cyclists are conspiring... hey, if we
need to conspire, let's do it in ways that will work, not in ways that would
make people throw out our numbers entirely.

Righto -- though, frankly, I *will* go "out of my way" so that I'm not doing
the detour around the construction if it takes me by the counters at First
and Logan, since I'm going out of my way to get past the construction.

We really, honestly *do* have lots of folks riding bikes.  We don't need to
fudge.  We want the real thing.

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 11:26 AM, ChampaignCountyBikes.org <
Info at champaigncountybikes.org> wrote:

> Dear C-U Bicyclists,
>
> I knew the locations of the counts (and rode them all to see how it looked)
> but I intentionally did not advertise them because I believe we want
> accurate bike traffic data - not data skewed (or even discarded) because it
> is deemed unreliable. The bike count is serious business and should not be
> tampered with.
>
> There will be a future bike count to collect data at more intersections.
> Chances are very good that you will be counted then during your normal
> riding at that time.
>
> I would encourage everyone *NOT* to go out of your way to skew the count.
>
> Sincerely,
> Rick Langlois
> Chairman, ChampaignCountyBikes
>

> On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Johnston, Morgan (Facilities & Services)
> <mbjohnst at fs.uiuc.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> The bike counts are at these locations.  We counted from 7-9 this morning,
>> and we will count from 4-6 this afternoon.
>>
>> --
> 217-898-2587

Sue J, webmastress
http://www.resourceroom.net