[CMI-CM] Re: [Steering] [CCB] NOTE, IMPORTANT ITEM ! (Fwd: Join the National Bike Count!)

ChampaignCountyBikes.org Info at ChampaignCountyBikes.org
Wed Sep 9 11:26:23 CDT 2009

Dear C-U Bicyclists,

I knew the locations of the counts (and rode them all to see how it looked)
but I intentionally did not advertise them because I believe we want
accurate bike traffic data - not data skewed (or even discarded) because it
is deemed unreliable. The bike count is serious business and should not be
tampered with.

There will be a future bike count to collect data at more intersections.
Chances are very good that you will be counted then during your normal
riding at that time.

I would encourage everyone *NOT* to go out of your way to skew the count.

Sincerely,
Rick Langlois
Chairman, ChampaignCountyBikes

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Johnston, Morgan (Facilities & Services) <
mbjohnst at fs.uiuc.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The bike counts are at these locations.  We counted from 7-9 this morning,
> and we will count from 4-6 this afternoon.
>
> --
217-898-2587