[CU-Movies] C-U Confidential no.4 + CUZineShow II = April Fun Time!

Jason Pankoke cuconfidential at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 18:07:58 CST 2010

Friends,

Looks like it's "that time" once again for me to let you know the plan for *C-U
Confidential*, all about the movies of *Champaign*, *Urbana*, and the cities
beyond! Running a little bit late this year, so please read everything over
post-haste for time, as they say, is of the essence.

~~~

*C-U CONFIDENTIAL #4*

We're aiming to lay down a 44-page number this spring, hopefully releasing
it early during the *Boneyard Arts Festival* (see below), and *you* can
help:

* Send in your current news about your film/video/multimedia work - the more
creative, artistic, and timely, the better!
* Place your advertisements - It's print, so it costs; every ad dollar is
appreciated and goes directly towards the mag and promoting *you*!
* Explode with positive word of mouth - Please let everyone know it's
coming, and feel free to grab up and pass around copies when it's out!

Look to *C-U Blogfidential* *right now* for this year's ad rates at the
following link; the final deadline is a HARD one given the short
window - *SATURDAY,
APRIL 3, 2010, 5 P.M.* Email cuconfidential at gmail.com to claim your space
early!

http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/?page_id=145

~~~

*C-U CONFIDENTIAL LOCAL MOVIE SHOW*

We pulled off the first one during last year's Boneyard at *Caffe
Paradiso*in Urbana. This year, we're moving it across town and a lot
closer to the
*Secret MICRO-FILM Headquarters* at the one venue where something like this
*should* take place - the *Art Theater* in downtown Champaign! Make sure you
have joined the Art's Mailing List at www.thecuart.com to receive the first
news on what we'll be playing. The series will begin on *Thursday, April 15*,
and most likely run through the following *Tuesday, April 20*. More soon!

~~~

*C-U BLOGFIDENTIAL*

Check *CUBlog *right now for our annual rumination, "*In My Backyard*," on
the scene and these things we do to support it. *CUBlog *began its 5th year
of offering all the C-U movie news fit to post on *Thursday, February 25*.

~~~

*C-U CONFIDENTIAL '99*

Alas, because of all the activity outlined above, the special "retro"
anniversary issue had to be pushed back one more time. We'll announce a
hopeful, final street date around Boneyard time. Until then, we'll tease in
that it will still remain a "double issue" of sorts with half the pages
devoted to a new *MICRO-FILM* edition. Also, *first news* - advertisers for
*CUZine *no.4 will get a discount on *any *ad space they buy in this mag!
Woo!

~~~

That's were we're at for now. If things go according to the ever-shifting
plan, then we hope to present to you a year from now a tapestry of activity
that will finally reveal some growth and expanse in how we help and document
this "film scene" of ours. Don't believe that it exists? "Read the Book!"
and "See the Movie!" in downtown Champaign next month for the proof!

Best,
Jason P.

--
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

MICROFILM
1999-2009
Can you believe it?
_______________

C-U Confidential
C-U Blogfidential

The Movies of Champaign, Urbana, and the Cities Beyond!

http://www.facebook.com/cuconfidential
http://www.myspace.com/cuconfidential
http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/
cuconfidential at gmail.com