[CU-Movies] C-U Confidential 4 Fans :: October 9, 2010

Jason Pankoke cuconfidential at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 23:01:00 CDT 2010

Greetings, friends!

Have you read all the local movie news fit to post?

http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/?p=2214

In this edition of C-U Blogfidential’s all-purpose column, “C-U
Biz-en-scène,” we bitch about unkempt work spaces, we moan about neighbor
apathy towards local film, and we tell you what movies are now
renting/playing near you!

http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/?p=2205

Nearly 50 years after H.G. Lewis first proved it, success comes to those
indie horror flicks that know how to “bleed in Peoria” when the third annual
Drunken Zombie Film Festival tosses cookies on the carpets of The Peoria
Theater on Friday, November 5, and Saturday, November 6, 2010.

http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/?p=2195

>From the “Images of the Week” Dept.: Get a load of our favorite LEADING
LADIES by watching the trailer! Also, take a look behind the scenes of the
Rialto Theater sequence via never-before-seen photos, which arguably are
still kind of hard to see…

~~~~~

We'd still like to solicit your feedback on the CUBiz column. Do you like
them? Are they informative and interesting? If you aren't reading CUBiz,
then maybe now is the time to take a look and see what you're missing! For
instance, mmmmm, that whole "apathy towards local film" part, which in this
excerpt has to do with attending local screenings:

"After the late show presentation of local comedy REVOLTING at the Art
Theater two weeks ago, your humble editor hung out with several principals
involved with making the movie. One cast member divulged that a friend had
promised to attend but bailed for unknown reasons, other than remarking that
she could 'see it later on DVD.' It’s convenient and lazy thinking, more
than likely based on the notion that a movie will provide exactly the same
experience whether projected on a big screen or channeled through a small
screen ... Do friends of theater folks skip out on a run, promising to watch
the token camcorder rehearsal tape later just because they have an 'in'? Do
fans of musicians become last-minute flakes, pledging in absentia to listen
to sound-board recordings or studio albums as a consolation even though
stage performance is a completely different animal? In general, we don’t
think so on either count, so what makes the public showing of a movie –
especially a locally-made one that will not get that much public exposure
until formally distributed, which may take one or more years to arrange –
that expendable?"

By the same token, we wonder aloud once again what our purpose is here with
these e-mails, CUBiz, and C-U Blogfidential is as a whole, other than to
satisfy our own whims and fill what we believe to be a gap in creative arts
coverage here in Champaign, Urbana, and the cities beyond. We won't know
otherwise unless you visit CUBlog and give feedback about it as a personal
e-mail or a posted Comment:

http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/?p=2214

Thanks & keep on filming,

~ Jason P., Editor

~~~~~

"This is not just movies, it's our lives."
http://www.facebook.com/cuconfidential
http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/
http://www.youtube.com/cuconfidential
cuconfidential at gmail.com

Catch up on “C-U Biz-en-scène” right now!
http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/?cat=406