[CU-Movies] C-U Confidential 4 Fans :: April 24, 2011

Jason Pankoke cuconfidential at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 21:51:30 CDT 2011

Greetings, friends!

We apologize for the absence of written myrth! With a second New Art Film
Festival in the can, a fifth astounding issue of C-U Confidential about to
deliver, a bonus local filmmaker panel at the IMC's Midwest Zine Fest in
Urbana this Saturday at 2 p.m. (be there!), and yes, the return of
"Ebertfest" to downtown Champaign beginning Wednesday, who has time to
merely sit and type a lot of interesting stuff to pass along to you, dearest
readers, even though that's exactly what you crave from us at the Secret
MICRO-FILM Headquarters?

We do when we make the time, just for you. Observe:

http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/?p=3229

In this edition of C-U Blogfidential’s all-purpose column, “C-U
Biz-en-scène,” we reveal another Dreamscape DVD release, mention an EIU Call
for Papers, encourage entry in the IFO “Shortcuts” contest, and pimp the
movies now playing/renting near you! [HINT: Follow the link at the bottom of
this post back to previous CUBiz columns to read the news you may have
missed; some updates are still quite timely!]

http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/?p=3045

The College of Media at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has
announced the movies to be showcased at the thirteenth annual edition of
Roger Ebert’s Film Festival.

http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/?p=3149

We tease to please by releasing in advance the self-contained “center
section” of the fifth C-U Confidential issue during the New Art Film
Festival on Friday, April 8, 2011, at the Art Theater in downtown Champaign,
IL.

http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/?p=3054

For your re-reading pleasure, we present our first set of C-U Blogfidential
posts representing a cross-section of the best we think we’ve had to offer
Champaign, Urbana, and the cities beyond in our first five years! [HINT:
Follow the link at the bottom of this post to be led directly to Parts 2-5
of this series; the final Part 6 posts this Tuesday, April 26!]

http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/?p=3158

For your referencing pleasure, here is the complete line-up for the second
annual New Art Film Festival, celebrating locally-made cinema at the Art
Theater in downtown Champaign on Friday, April 8, 2011!

http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/?p=3166

>From the “Images of the Week” Dept.: We provide a final blast of New Art
Film Festival madness with this still image gallery and a thank-you to
everyone who made the NAFF a big success last night at the Art Theater in
downtown Champaign!

http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/?p=3239

>From the “Images of the Week” Dept.: With one public display of C-U cinema
in the books and another coming up very soon, we recall the 10th anniversary
of our original attempt at presenting movies and reveal a failed bid at
bonus street cred for our not-ready-for-prime-time efforts.

~~~~~

Keep on filming,

~ Jason P., Editor

~~~~~

"This is not just movies, it's our lives."
http://www.facebook.com/cuconfidential
http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/
http://www.youtube.com/cuconfidential
cuconfidential at gmail.com

Catch up on “C-U Biz-en-scène” right now!
http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/?cat=406