[C-U Smokefree] Re: UIUC students have appeared!

Dylan Lamar dlamar at uiuc.edu
Tue Feb 17 20:28:09 CST 2004

Hello Everyone,

I'm glad to discover this movement. I hope to provide what support I can.

I was wondering if it would be possible to set up the webpage to take "signatures" for the petitions? I have seen such online petitions before on national issues, so I know it is possible. I think it's just a matter of whether or not the cities of C-U will accept this format. And whether we have the resources to set the page up this way (I personally know little about it).

I think we could get a lot of signatures in this way, as it would enable us to circulate "petitions" through email in the form of a link to the website. 1,000 people doesn't seem so out of reach when we're talking about wide spread distribution through email.

Also, please add these addresses to the listserve (my housemates and UIUC students):
cp1757 at hotmail.com
winzeler at uiuc.edu

Thanks!
Dylan