[C-U Smokefree] Measuring Post-Ordinance Economic Impacts

Theotskl at aol.com Theotskl at aol.com
Fri Jul 16 14:57:34 CDT 2004

Hi there!

Just FYI.

For the past few weeks I have been reviewing journal articles for the CDC as
an anonymous reviewer.  One of the things that came to my attention, in terms
of measuring economic impacts on the hospitality industry after the enactment
of local clean indoor air legislation, is that  in addition to counting
revenue from sales tax receipts--typically obtained from the City Clerk's
Office--another measurment is to look at employment rates in bar and restaurants, again
before and after such enactment.  So, if more hirings have taken place after
such legislation that would be an indication of a positive impact on the
hospitality industry.

Have fun and good luck with all of your upcoming activities!

Keep up the great work!

Cheers,

Dr. Theo Tsoukalas