[C-U Smokefree] My own clever idea for display table

George R. Carlisle, Jr. carlisle at soltec.net
Wed Jun 9 01:37:27 CDT 2004

Dear Scott:

That sounds clever.  I suggest not using food coloring but actual infusion
of old cigarette and cigar stubs, or even water from a water pipe if anybody
has one, as the polluted water, so that it stinks like tobacco. Phew-ee!!!

I read where someone did that in a jar and would take a whiff of the noxious
potion when trying to quit and he had the urge to light up.

Where would CU Smokefree get the money to imprint on water bottles?   Would
there be time to get that imprinted?

One suggestion would be to get old spray cleaner bottles, remove the labels,
rinse them out well, and fill with water, and make a label with pressure
sensitive adhesive, saying "Magic Air Purifier"  One squirts out the
cigarette, cigar or pipe when someone else smokes.  I almost gave my sister
one when she had to endure her in-laws' smoking when she visited them. Then
her mother-in-law came down with pneumonia and quit cold-turkey, and her
father-in-law quit also. He had developed some emphysema from working in
steel mills in past, as well as smoking. He had switched to a pipe before,
but was smoking cheap, harsh tobacco, as Half and Half. That tastes like it
came from Stock Pavilion floor tan bark!  Hack! Cough! Phew!

She said the air is much better at their home now.  They were later
repainting inside and discovered how much soot and tobacco tar had
accumulated on the walls and ceilings of their home.

We need to get some "Smoking Stinks" buttons from local chapter of American
Cancer Society, if they are available. Maybe those could be handed out.
People could wear them in smoky eating and drinking establishments!

George R. Carlisle