[C-U Smokefree] More updates from the Prez

Scott P Hays sphays at ad.uiuc.edu
Fri Mar 19 16:18:19 CST 2004

A few things to keep people up to speed:

I have done two radio interviews in response to our meeting fax.  One with Ali Kawa at WILL, and another with Mark Schultz at WDWS.  Not sure when they'll air. I thought I did a particularly good job with WDWS, if I say so myself.

I'd like to encourage list members to assist in the recruitment effort for the now-forming Reality IL teen group through the CUPHD and CCTPC.  We're hoping we can channel some of their youthful energy to help the second-hand smoke education campaign!  You can get more information and download a registration application from our website now!

We are now listed with C-U Volunteer, and an announcement about our group will go out with their regular newsletter this month.  Check them out!  www.cuvolunteer.org

Thanks to a generous donation from one of our members, we will now be registering for a booth at Taste of Champaign in June (25-27).

Thanks!

Scott