[C-U Smokefree] Meeting tomorrow night, 7 pm

Scott P Hays sphays at ad.uiuc.edu
Mon Nov 8 09:33:04 CST 2004

Greetings to all who yearn to breathe free!

Our next CU Smokefree Alliance meeting is tomorrow night at 7pm in the
Fritz Conference Room at the Carle Forum.  As always parking is free in
Carle parking garage.

We have accomplished many things and there are many things going on.  We
would like to welcome the support of the Prairie Chapter of the Sierra
Club and the Illini Health Coalition in support of our cause. Provena
Covenant/Christie Clinic should also be signing on soon.

We have also linked up with the Champaign Area Heart and Stroke Network
who will also be supporting our cause. To that end, there is a meeting
of "Illini Heartbeats" a new campus-based organization this Thursday
from 3 to 5.  One or some of us should try to attend. I can forward this
meeting announcement if you are interested.

We need to spend time reviewing and updating or strategy in light of new
knowledge and upcoming events.  Things we will be considering include:

* A strategic approach to community mobilization for letter writing and
council contacts.

* Further discussion of proceeding with an advisory referendum in April

* Gathering restaurant and bar observational information

* Our approach to fundraising

We need your input and help in all of these efforts.  So please try to
make this meeting if you can!

I'll post a more formal agenda soon.

Thanks, and C-U Smokefree!

Scott

President
C-U Smokefree Alliance
www.cu-smokefree.org
778-2645

Scott P. Hays, Ph.D.
Research Scientist
Center for Prevention Research and Development
Institute of Government and Public Affairs
University of Illinois
Champaign, Illinois  61820

email: sphays at uiuc.edu
phone: 217.244.2616