[C-U Smokefree] Parkland 2004 Wellness Fair

Scott P Hays sphays at ad.uiuc.edu
Tue Oct 19 08:59:34 CDT 2004

Hello to all,

C-U Smokefree has registered to set up our booth at Parkland College's
2004 Wellness Fair next week.

The focus of the 2004 Wellness Fair is on total wellness including
physical, emotional and financial well-being.

This is a great opportunity to heighten the awareness of our effort and
our movement among people who care about their health and wellness.  And
we will be able to sign on more supporters as well!

We will need enough volunteers to staff the event for 5 hours, with at
least two people at the table for the entire event.  I will get the
needed materials to the 9am "setup" volunteers. We also need help
printing more C-U Smokefree Alliance brochures to hand out (I doubt if
fans will be needed).

Please respond to the list at cu-smokefree at cu-smokefree.org with your
availability to help out at this event. Please try to help out for at
least an hour or two.

The event will be held on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 from 9am to 2pm at
Parkland's Gallery, Flag, and South Lounges of Parkland College.

Also, I will be speaking at the Heart and Stroke Network reception this
afternoon at 4:30 at the Mattis Fire Station.  They are a group of
community leaders considering supporting the C-U Smokefree cause, so
this is a very important event.  Come out if you can!

And check out the recent updates to the website and print and post a
meeting flyer.

Thanks for your help and support,

C-U Smokefree!

Prez Scott

Scott Hays
Phone: 778-2645
www.cu-smokefree.org

Scott P. Hays, Ph.D.
Research Scientist
Center for Prevention Research and Development
Institute of Government and Public Affairs
University of Illinois
Champaign, Illinois  61820

email: sphays at uiuc.edu
phone: 217.244.2616