[C-U Smokefree] Updates from the Prez

Scott Hays sphcusmokefree at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 8 10:47:02 CDT 2005

Hi to all,

Although things seem fairly quiet, there is lots going on in preparation for the SEPTEMBER 13 STUDY SESSION.

That's at 7 pm on a Tuesday night.  Please mark your calendars.  We need ALL of our supporters out that night, including their families, friends, co-workers, and relatives (yes, even including that obnoxious second cousin you can't stand!)

But that is only our most important event.

Next up is our REGULAR MEETING this Wednesday night (August 3) at Parkland College.  It is at 5:30 and we'll be bringing another sandwich tray so come hungry.  This time, we'd like to request a small cash donation (whatever you can afford) to help defer the costs.

After that, please come to our FUNDRAISER AT NED KELLY'S on Monday, August 15. You can contribute to CU Smokefree just by eating dinner.  Better yet, mention CU Smokefree and get 10% off of your meal!  So you can make a contribution and SAVE MONEY ON YOUR MEAL.  The fundraising times are 11 to 9 pm.  Also, we'll be there if you care to make an additional contribution.

Finally, we need YOUR HELP  staffing the CU Smokefree display tent at several upcoming community events.  These events are:

CU-Day, Douglass Park, Saturday, August 13: 11-9

Urbana Farmer's Market, Saturday, August 20: 6:30-12

Sweetcorn Festival, Friday and Saturday, August 26 and 27: Friday evening and all day Saturday.

Urbana Farmer's Market, Saturday, September 3, 6:30-12.

Our website www.cu-smokefree.org has links to more details about each of these community events.

Please email me and Nikki Hillier at CUPHD at nhillier at cuphd.org, and let her know what times and dates you can help out. We're only asking for people to do a one or two hour shift - and there will always be one or two other people there to help.  No experience necessary!!

That's it for now,

CU Smokefree!

Prez Scott
shpcusmokefree at yahoo.com