[C-U Smokefree] Meeting reminder

Scott P Hays sphays at ad.uiuc.edu
Tue Feb 1 09:22:17 CST 2005

Greetings to all who yearn to breathe free!

This is just a reminder about tonight's meeting - perhaps one of the
more important and exciting meetings we've had in a while.

We will have two guests this evening: John Schmitt, Operating Partner of
Ned Kelly's Steakhouses who will be with us to discuss the plan for our
press conference next Monday at his Urbana restaurant. This press
conference represents the culmination of our research and planning
efforts over the past year. It could not be more important to our
cause!!

Also, Champaign City Council District 3 candidate Matt Varble will be
addressing our group regarding his support for a smokefree Champaign -
and how he will work to pass the ordinance if elected.  Currently
District 3 is occupied by Vic McIntosh, who has not been supportive of
our efforts.  We will be considering endorsing Mr. Varble's candidacy
and helping him to win in District 3.

We will also be talking about our new TV commercial that will air on
local Insight Cable channels over the next six to eight weeks.

Finally, we need to plan for the Black Health Fair at Parkland College
tomorrow afternoon.

Thank you and I hope for a good turnout!

C-U Smokefree!

Dr. Scott P. Hays
President, C-U Smokefree Alliance
sphays at cu-smokefree.org